Our charity day was recently held at the St Leonards Golf Club on the Australia Day public holiday, Monday 27th January 2020.
What a day it was!!!!
The weather was perfect. The course was in the best condition it has been in years, so the feedback was top notch too.
Big thanks to Geoff Baulach for his work on the greens they looked and played brilliantly. Further thanks to Club Captain Darryl Gabriel and his work on and off the course.
There were over 60 players and managing them on the day was a job and a half and Darryl was great. Graham, thanks for having our greens play so well and true.
Jack, Lee-Anne, Steve (new member), Bonny, Paul, Marshy, Lyndsay and of course Chriso (plus many others) made the day very successful. There were plenty of raffle prizes and the auctioned items were keenly contested (who did pay for the golf and yacht club membership?!).
Overall, well over $7000 was raised by a small country club wanting more members, volunteers maintaining the course and a small local population. This is a fantastic effort and for all those involved including the many sponsors (see below) you all deserve a big pat on the back and few extra frothies. Great effort!!
The driving force for the day — Jack (Club President) and Lee-Anne — well, they deserve a medal. So from all, thanks again????
Thanks to our players and families, volunteers and wonderful sponsors including:
- The St Leonards Pub (the best on the Bellarine)
- Salty Cow cafe, St Leonards
- Wildings (great coffee!) — pantry essentials and food store, St Leonards
- Blue Seas Pizza and Pasta (takeaway and dine-in), St Leonards
- TYD Automotive Services Portarlington — auto repairs, service and car maintenance
- LJ Hooker St Leonards (tremendous hamper from a great local business)
- Neville Richards Real Estate St Leonards
- McGlashan’s Wallington Estate — winery in Swan Bay Road, Wallington
- Portarlington Golf Cub and members
- Jack’s friends and neighbours
- St Leonards IGA meat department for donating sausages and hamburgers (best meat in the area, great value)
- Drysdale Coles for donating the bread and rolls
- Franscene Bellarine (provides great tours around St Leonards, Portarlington, Queenscliff and other places).
- St Leonards News and Post (yes they sell ice creams and plenty of other stuff)
Please support these local businesses as they not only provide great products and services, they also help with jobs, donations, sponsorship, a wealth of knowledge and friendly and familiar faces.
Money spent locally stays in and supports the local community!
(Report originally published by Kristie Hancock on our Facebook page).